Personal Information We Collect
You do not have to give us any personal information to browse the Services. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to submit or request information from us, or to use the Services. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us. This information may include:
· Registration Information. When you sign up for the Services, you are required to provide information such as your name, email address, phone number, password and location(s) of interest.
· Additional Information. Additional information that you provide to us, including when you complete certain forms through the Services, upload or submit any material through the Services, request information or contact us with inquiries, or when you use other certain aspects of our Services, may be collected and stored.
Automated Information Collection
We may collect certain information about your use of the Services through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Services, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Services, the pages you looked at on the Services, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Services, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Services, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
· Log Information. When you access the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol (“IP”) address (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), browser type, browser language, your computer operating system, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system, the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
· Links. The Services may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
· URLs. When you visit or access the Services we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Services. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Services.
· Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Services and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Services administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Services, to compile aggregate statistics about Services usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Services. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
· Administer your account and otherwise provide services to you
· Respond to your questions and feedback
· Contact you
· Present projects and opportunities to you
· Audit, maintain, protect, and improve our Services
· Ensure that our Site functions as intended
· Tailor advertisements to you
· Develop new products and services
· Compile information on an aggregate basis
Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information except:
· Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
· Required by Law. We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
· Information You Post Publicly. Any information you post, upload, or otherwise provide to a public message board, chat area, or other public area of the Services will be made public to users of the Services, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps).
· Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
· Third Party Service Providers. We work with third party service providers in connection with our offerings. Such services may include website hosting, marketing, website usage analytics, advertising, and monitoring and maintaining the Services. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
· Certain Transactions. We may disclose personal information to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Company’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
· Mailing Lists. We may sell the names and email addresses of our users to certain third parties, such as Crowdfunding portals, who provide products or services in which our users may be interested.
· When You Ask to be Contacted by Lenders. If you ask us to put you in touch with lenders, we may provide your personal information to one or more lenders and also to other service providers, such as title companies or insurance agencies.
Like most website operators, CREFI Inc collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. CREFI Inc’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how CREFI Inc’s visitors use its website. From time to time, CREFI Inc may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. CREFI Inc also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://www.crefi.com blog posts. CREFI Inc only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to CREFI Inc’s websites choose to interact with CREFI Inc in ways that require CREFI Inc to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that CREFI Inc gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at https://www.crefi.com to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
Crefi.com uses Google AdWords for remarketing
CREFI Inc may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. CREFI Inc may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, CREFI Inc does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
If CREFI Inc, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that CREFI Inc goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of CREFI Inc may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
The Services are hosted in the United States. All matters relating to the Services are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of California in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer. Accessing the Services is prohibited from territories where the Site, Service or any content thereon is illegal. If you access the Services from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “California Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. The California Act requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of personal information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The California Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. There is no charge.